Discount codes can be referred to by many names depending on the retailer: promo, promotional code, coupon, or voucher code… They all work in the same way, which is to give you a discount on your online shopping order. For example a FREE delivery code or 10% off your total amount. A discount code is similar to a paper coupon but is for use on an online purchase only.
When you want to find voucher codes and offers for your favourite online stores, all you have to do is go to the CupoNation Australia homepage and type the name of the shop in the search bar. As you type, suggestions will appear for you to click, but in the unlikely event nothing appears, you can click the magnifying glass to search and find stores similar to the one you were looking for.
Once you have found the discount code that you would like to use, click on the code to reveal and open it in a pop-up window. The code will be automatically highlighted and selected when you reveal it but you can also select it by double-clicking the code with your cursor. To copy the code easily follow one of these options:
- Right-click on your mouse and select ‘copy’ from the menu
- Hit Ctrl+C on a PC or Command-C on a Mac to copy the code
Then follow the link on the pop-up window to the brand's page where you can start shopping!
Add your desired items to your cart and continue to the checkout section. During the checkout process, you will see a special box for discount codes or a prompt from the retailer asking ‘Do you have a discount code?’. Enter the code at this stage by pasting it into the box and you will see the discount take effect on your order total.
If the code does not take effect at this point, ensure that your code is correct and has not expired before proceeding to the payment section. As your discount may not have applied and it cannot be applied retroactively by the retailer if it did not work before the order is placed. The discount code should always be entered before the payment section is completed.
If you see an offer on our site tagged with the word ‘Exclusive’, that means it’s a discount code that is unique to CupoNation Australia and you won’t be able to find them elsewhere.
Whereas a ‘Verified’ code is not exclusive to us, but has been tested and confirmed working by our savings experts team.
Simply put, if you see this tag on our vouchers on the brand pages, it means our editors recommend our users to consider using that offer. It could either be because it's a higher than usual discount, a rare one, a limited-time offering, or just a really good offer overall. Our editors use their years of experience working with a brand to decide which offers they tag.
This highly depends on the store and each individual promo code. Some are flash sale codes which are valid anywhere from 24 to 72 hours only.
There are codes that are valid for as long as two weeks, especially during a bigger sale period. All our discount codes have clear expiry dates stated on them.
Generally, most discount codes are only applicable once per user account. But it also depends on the terms and conditions of the particular discount code which is determined by the store. You can check all the important terms and conditions of each code on our site before using them.
The discount value of coupons can range from as low as 5% to as high as 90%. It all depends on the store and products you are purchasing. What we have noticed is, the average is between 10% to 30%. We have helped our users save hundreds each year so definitely check our site before making a purchase.
We offer a wide range of coupon types. Some are applicable to any item sitewide while others are only applicable to certain categories.
There are also those that can only be used by certain customers such as new users making their first purchase or students.
Some sources we use are commonly known and are also widely available to our users to access. Examples of these are brand newsletters and their own websites. What we do have access to that our users might not are things like affiliate partnerships, which allows us direct contact with a brand or a representative and we can access a wide range of discounts plus negotiate better ones for the benefit of our users.
Yes, we have a regular Newsletter for our loyal customers who want to be able to save with the best discounts and promotion codes. Contrary to other branded newsletters, ours include the best deals for all your favourite brands during that period. That way we make sure that our users are the first ones to know about upcoming offers, our exclusive discount codes and the best moment to shop!
We definitely recommend signing up for the CupoNation Australia Newsletter, so that you will always be up to date with the best and latest deals and discount codes. You can find the sign up field near the bottom of the homepage or near the middle of any retailer page. Sign up now and receive the top discount codes of your favourite brands straight in your mailbox!
Student Discount Codes
Student discount codes are exclusive offers available only for verified students. You can find such promo codes on many of our discount pages. The discount amount may vary depending on the brand, but you will be able to see all the details on the voucher. Head over to the discount page of your favourite brand to find out more!
When you find one of our exclusive student voucher codes, you just need to click on 'See code' and verify your student status via the GoCertify platform. This can be done very easily by using the email supplied by the school or university you study at. Once the verification is successful, you will receive a personal student discount code to apply to your orders and save some extra money.
Unfortunately, our exclusive student discount codes are available only for online purchases. However, we recommend always checking the page of your favourite retailer, you may find other student deals which are available for in-store purchases!
Rewards are exclusive offers that we have made available to you when you make a purchase with selected Merchants on this website. Each reward will have its own Terms and Conditions and email registration is required. All Terms and Conditions that relate to basket value will be before any import tax or shipping fee.
Our terms and conditions that apply to all rewards are as follows:
- In order to receive the gift card, your basket total must meet the minimum spend before GST.
- The reward code will expire if not claimed within 90 days of being issued. Once expired it cannot be issued again.
- This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other cashback or voucher code promotion which isn't advertised on cuponation.com.au
- To be eligible for the offer you must make your purchase online via cuponation.com.au using the link provided.
- Your claim will not be valid if you click on any other links or websites after cuponation.com.au, before making your online purchase.
- After clicking on the reward voucher, continue with your transaction/purchase on the retailer site without clicking on any other vouchers to ensure reward claim is valid.
- To determine eligibility as it pertains to the minimum spend, the total price before GST and any shipping costs will be used.
- Purchasing gift cards do not count towards minimum spend requirements.
- The transaction must have taken place online during the promotion period via the cuponation.com.au link. Transactions completed over the phone will be considered invalid and will not qualify for a reward.
- Cancelling or returning any items made in your online purchase will deem the claim invalid and you will not receive any Reward Voucher.
- Provided you meet the full terms of the offer, an email alert will be sent to the email address you used to register with cuponation.com.au after the validation period.
- The offer is limited to one Reward Voucher per person.
- Purchases must be made in AUD (Australian Dollars).
Once you click on a Reward offer, a registration form will appear. This is where you type in your email address. All updates on the Reward status will be done via email. Three email updates will be sent according to the status (first email will be sent as soon as you registered):
- A confirmation that you registered
- Verification of your purchase
- Last is the email with your Reward
This is the first step. It simply means that you have successfully registered for your chosen offer. You will still be required to complete the transaction (you can also click on “GET REWARD” and it will redirect you to the Merchant page to complete the transaction). To ensure your transaction is tracked, don’t click out of the Merchant page before completing your purchase. Once the transaction is complete, we will need to check with the Merchant to ensure all Terms and Conditions of the Reward offer was met.
These are the reasons of a tracking failure:
- You did not click on “GET REWARD” in the confirmation email
- You navigated away from the Merchant page before completing your purchase
- Cookies are disabled on your browser
- You are running an Adblocker
- You used a different code or discount to buy your item
- Use another email address at any point during the transaction
This means your purchase was successfully tracked and is now being validated with the Merchant. This step will take anywhere from 30-120 business days. Your purchase will be regarded as invalid if you have not met the Terms and Conditions of the Reward offer, cancelled your purchase or returned any or all the items in the transaction.
When you have reached this step, you will be sent an email with the Rewards code. All there is to do in this step is to use your code and enjoy the discount! (be aware of any expiry date the Reward code might have)
The validation process will take anywhere from 30 to 120 business days to complete. We have to ensure all the Terms and Conditions of the transaction were met (eg: minimum basket value, correct item category, etc). Waiting times are varied depending on the offer and Merchant and are subject to change.
Once your purchase has been validated, you will get an email with the Reward code. All you have to do is copy the code and apply the code on the Gift Card section at the corresponding Merchant’s checkout page.
Do you have further questions on Reward offers?
Please be aware that we are not related to the Merchants so any further queries about Rewards should be addressed to us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Our support team is available Monday to Friday, 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM (AEST).